Duration: Full day
(6-8hrs depending on your interest)
What this tour is about:
This is a private full day tour of Ahmedabad customised to your interests. We have picked our favourite set of city highlights below; however you are welcome to discuss your interests with us and we will tailor the plan for you.
Places we will visit:
We will start at 9:00 a.m. and in the morning we will visit the following sites:
- Gandhi's Sabarmati Ashram – On the banks of the river Sabarmati is this inspiring place where you can glimpse the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Hathisingh Jain temple – built of white marble and elaborately carved, this is the largest Jain temple in Ahmedabad
- Adalaj Step-Well – a beautiful example of a 15th century water storage mechanism, five stories deep, and elaborately carved. A must-see attraction for a glimpse not only of great architecture but also of medieval life.
After lunch, we will visit the following sites:
- Sarkhej Roza – a unique 15th century complex of tombs and palaces, this is a precursor to the Mughal period and represents a true amalgamation of Hindu, Jain and Islamic styles.
- Siddi Syed ni Jali – Ahmedabad's most photographed latticed windows!
If time permits, we suggest that you visit a traditional bazaar area in the evening, to see the bustle of daily life in the city.
All days of the week.
Starts and ends at your hotel.
Rs 7500 for a car tour (max 4 adults). Includes AC Toyota Innova, driver with cell phone, fuel, parking charges, knowledgeable English-speaking guide, bottled water and all taxes. Excludes entrances, meals, tips.